Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

How To Be An Active Pro-Life Mom

>> Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today's Guest Article is by Tara from Modern Catholic Mom.

-------------------------------------------------------

As a stay at home mom I often wonder how I can be an active member of the Right to Life movement. I know I am called to be a voice for the voice-less but amidst diapers and applesauce my time is limited. I have had the opportunity to be an active member of the movement from age 13 on. I attended the Washington D.C. March for Life for many years, was the president of my high school Pro-life group and became a side-walk counselor in college. The opportunities presented themselves and I wanted nothing more than to be active.


Now that I am a blessed parent I find that I don’t have the same time I did before. I can hardly get the laundry, cleaning or cooking finished in one days time! But truthfully my heart desires more. In our turbulent society, amidst the culture of death, I cannot count on ‘someone’ else volunteering. But I can pray that God will reveal my time and talents so that I may use them in a way that glorifies Him and helps put an end to abortion. I know that I am a wife first, a mother second and an activist third. And my activist heart desires to volunteer some of my time for those who are not able to fight for themselves.

Here are a few suggestions to help you get started:


1. Join your parish Right to Life movement. Don’t have one? Start one!

2. Join other moms for a rosary-playgroup and pray for the end to abortion.

3. Volunteer a few times a month at your local pregnancy center.

4. Donate old maternity clothes and baby items to pregnancy centers.

5. Keep updated on the political aspect of abortion. By keeping educated you can be a better defender of the faith.

6. Study and memorize what the Catholic Church says about why abortion is wrong. If you know your facts you will have a better chance of helping to educate someone who is pro-abortion.

7. Refuse to say ‘Pro-choice’. Instead say ‘Pro-abortion’. There is no ‘choice’ for the baby.

8. Educate yourself about all aspects of the Pro-life movement- stem cell research, In vitro fertilization, etc.9. Join 40 days for Life. Check out www.40daysforlife.com

10. PRAY AND FAST. AND THEN PRAY AND FAST SOME MORE!

Tara is a stay at home mom and nanny who loves blogging about mommyhood and Catholicism over at http://moderncatholicmoms.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Jenny @ The Mommy Bunch May 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Great post and good suggestions. :)

The Red Disciple May 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Loved this post. Thanks for the suggestions.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP