Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Blog Roll Has All Been Updated! (May 2nd, 2008)

>> Friday, May 2, 2008

In interest of full disclosure, now that I have finally done a complete update on the blog roll (which I try to do periodically, with spot checks in between), here is an update of the blogs that were removed and reasoning for that:

*Please note -- nobody is notified when their blog is removed. It is just removed. Also, during this update, I contacted many people to ask them to contact me for updated coding. If you currently have a picture that shows up for your blog roll, you are using the current coding. If you do not have a picture (and a box with a red X instead), you are still using the old coding.

Blogs Removed Because the Blog Roll No Longer Appears on Their Blog: 20

Blogs Removed Because It Has Been Too Long Since They Were Last Updated (the guidelines state one month, but I have been considerably more lenient than that): 10 (these are all about 6 months or more since last written on)

Blogs Removed Because The Blog Just Simply Doesn't Exist Anymore: 5

Blogs Removed Because They Have Changed Their Status from Public Blogs to Private/By Invitation Only Blogs: 7

Blogs that I Edited Titles For Because They are Currently Using a Title that Does Not Match What Shows Up on Their Actual Blog (obviously, these blogs were not removed, but I just wanted to add this to the data): 8

Current Number of Blogs on the Blog Roll After All of the Above Mentioned Blogs Were Removed: 296

Please note: If you feel your blog was removed in error, or you think remedy whatever issue had you removed and you would like to be a member again, please fill out a request to join form and I will review it.

Thanks!

10 comments:

Anonymous June 2, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

It seems that the blogroll is done alphabetically. With so many members, it might be good to have the roll update itself by putting the ones with most recent posts at the top. Not knowing how this gets done (though I have seen it) I have no idea whether its feasible.

Thanks for bothering to administrate this.

pax

Angie @ Many Little Blessings June 2, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

My only concern with this is if someone's blog is being updated but the system doesn't actually show it as such. I have seen that happen before.

I have thought about it before, and might consider it on a trial basis at some point.

Thanks for your comments.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings June 2, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

Okay, I just took a peek through the blog roll, and easily found many blogs that were not accurate of when the system said they were updated. For instance, the blog roll (when moused over) said September 24, 2007, but they actually had just updated last on June 1, 2008. If it were my blog that that happened to (and so then it fell to the bottom of the roll), I would be upset.

So, I think alphabetical order is still best for now.

Thanks again for the idea though.

Rachel June 6, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

Angie,

My url has changed. Do I reregister?
My blog's title is Chasing Butterflies
but the url was

formerly
catholicunschooler.blogspot.com
and isnow
betweenstupidandclever.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Rachel

Angie @ Many Little Blessings June 10, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

Rachel,

Because your blog is still on the roll, all you need to do is contact me to just change the URL. I'll get it changed for you during my next update!

Anonymous July 11, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

Hello. I'm writing because while the little box with Catholic Mothers Online box (blue with black hand & rosary) & Proud Member of show up on my homeschool blog, (( http://mommaf8.stblogs.com/)) the blog "roll" does not. It does NOT show up on my artblog ((http://standingcloud-originals.blogspot.com/)) at all.
I was going to re-fill out the application form but wasn't sure if I should, hence the reason for me writing!
I'm SO sorry for troubling you, but I wanted to fix it without causing even MORE problems!!!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings July 11, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Kim --

I will send you an email directly as well. But, the scrolling list won't show up on St. Blog because that blog host, just like WordPress, does not support JavaScript coding. So, since the scrolling list is run with JavaScript coding, it won't show up on hosts that don't support it.

As far as your other blog, I don't see where you tried to put it in as an element, so I don't know what the issue might be. There doesn't even seem to be a blank space for it, and I know that at least at one time, it would have shown up there or else I wouldn't have added the blog to the roll. (I can resend you the coding for that blog if you let me know what icon you want above the roll.)

As I said, I will contact you directly, but wanted to publish your comment as well, in case anyone has similar problems.

Anonymous July 17, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

Hi Angie,

Just wondering if you're going to be updating the blog roll anytime soon - I'm eager to be added! :)

Thanks for all your hard work!
God Bless,
Shani

Angie @ Many Little Blessings July 17, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Shani --

Just like it says in the email that I sent out, I only actually update the blog roll once every seven days or so. It just so happens that you get the longest wait this time around, as you emailed me to tell me that you had put the code on your blog about 8 hours after the last time that I updated it.

Thanks for your patience -- it'll probably still be a day or two.

Jessica of Faustina Farm October 6, 2008 at 2:31 AM  

Thank you for all the work you put into this blog roll.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP