Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

No New Membership Requests after 10/31/08

>> Thursday, October 9, 2008

It is after much thought and prayer that I have decided to stop accepting new applications to join Catholic Mothers Online as of October 31, 2008.

I wanted to give a few weeks for people to get back to me that coding had been added or to request membership.

I, unfortunately, have realized that I just can't keep up with the maintenance of the roll. Even just getting around to adding people, making changes for them, etc, is time consuming. But, then when you factor in that I need to visit every blog on the roll at least a few times a year to be able to update the list (to get rid of blogs that haven't been updated in a long time, blogs that are gone, etc.), it really adds up to a large time commitment.

People are welcome to leave the blog roll on their blogs or they may remove it. However, after the end of this month, I will no longer be updating it. (I do reserve the right, at some point, to start it back up. But, I don't know that that will happen. If it does, it will definitely be after the new year.)

Thanks so much!

6 comments:

Charlotte October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

I hope there's a way you can publish the final, definitive list of blogs so that those of us who want to work through the list reading them all will get a chance to. Thanks!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings October 9, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Charlotte --

I won't be deleting the blog roll, I just won't be updating it. So, as long as you want to keep it on your blog, then you'll be able to scroll though and check it all out.

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina October 10, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

Dear Angie,

I applied to be included in the "Catholic Mothers Online" Blog Roll about a week ago. I realize that you are very busy, and that is probably the reason why I have not heard anything back from you regarding my application to join.

I also understand your decision for an October 31st cut-off date.

So could you please let me know if you received and accepted my request?

My blog is "La Bella Vita . . . a Beautiful Life" at http://www.bellavita-bellasblog.blogspot.com

Thank you so much,

Roz

Angie @ Many Little Blessings October 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Roz --

I have looked through my queue list of blogs that I have received (but that have not yet been added to the roll), and I don't see your sign up amongst them.

I would need you to fill out a new request to join form. You'll know that I received it, because within a week, you'll receive an email with instructions from me.

Thanks,

Angie

Mrs. L October 21, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

I can imagine what a huge job this is, especially with the group getting larger and larger. I love being apart of this group and would really hate for it to stop growing! I was thinking....have you ever thought of having a team to help you do everything that needs to be done and to just give you a break with the upkeep of it all? I for one, would LOVE to help in any way to keep it going and I'm sure many others would too! What do you think?? Just a thought:)

FWmom October 30, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

I too would be happy to join a team to keep it current and going

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP