Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

2nd Sorrowful Mystery: The Scourging at the Pillar

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today's guest post is by Jennifer from My Chocolate Heart.
----------------------------------------





“Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged.” John 19:1

Let this mystery teach us purity, and to accept God’s will.

Flogging… they used a whip made of several strips of leather that were embedded at the ends with pieces of bone and lead. No Roman limitation was placed on the number of lashings inflicted, and often the victim didn’t survive the flogging. Jesus did.

“But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Every blow from that cruel whip was for my sake. Every vicious tear in His flesh, every drop of precious blood that flowed was for my healing. Every agonizing moment of pain he endured was to secure my peace. His punishment, my freedom.

My impurities are not beaten out of me; they were beaten out of Him.

God deals with me gently and patiently, always with love. I can’t even fathom the harsh treatment Jesus received in my stead. He must have screamed in pain, but He never protested. He never even tried to whisper a plea to the Father, “Stop! Please stop!”

He would do anything to rescue a lost child.

Me.

You.

Copyright © 2009 by Jennifer, happy homemaker and mom to 3, and lover of all things dark chocolate! Find her at My Chocolate Heart, and fear not; the smudges on your screen are just chocolate

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP