Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Looking for Opinions: To Open In a New Window or Same Window?

>> Thursday, April 19, 2007

I had one of our blog roll members request that I set up the blog roll links so that they open in a new window when someone clicks on them. (And, then Barb was also kind enough to tell me how I would accomplish that when I let her know how ignorant I was in that area. LOL)

Anyway, so before Barb let me know how to do it, I did some internet research on it, and it would seem that some people don't care for that kind of feature. But, I'm open to doing it either way, as I can see pros and cons for both.

So, I'm taking opinions -- do you prefer for the blog roll links to just open in the same window (and then you click "back" if you want to return where you were) or do you prefer for them to open in a new window (and then you'll have to "X" out of that when you want to leave, but then you'll still have your original site open).

Leave me a comment with your preference, but I'll have the final decision. (Oh, and if you want to see what the difference is, all of the blogs in the blog roll are currently set to open in the same window except three that I just tinkered with to change to open to a new window. So, you can click on the blog roll links to: Many Little Blessings (yes, I know that's my site -- LOL), The Humble Housewife, and The Mother Load -- both of those are sites that I just added this morning.)

Thanks, in advance, for the opinions!

10 comments:

Unknown April 19, 2007 at 10:45 AM  

I think either is fine.

Thanks for everything!!!

T with Honey April 19, 2007 at 4:21 PM  

I prefer same window. As a Mozilla user I will right click on the link to open in a new tab or new window if that's what I want.

Heather April 19, 2007 at 4:35 PM  

Angie, I use firefox and right click everything to open it in a new tab so either way is really fine with me. If you want a definite vote though I'd choose open in a new window. That's what I'd want if I couldn't do the new tabs like I do.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings April 20, 2007 at 9:11 AM  

Okay -- well...I went ahead and changed them all to open in a new window. :)

Stevie Moon April 20, 2007 at 2:57 PM  

Oh good - I was going to vote open in another window. If not, I can NEVER find my way back to where I started (and usually can't remember where I started either - mommy brain!)

EC Gefroh April 21, 2007 at 4:56 PM  

Angie, either way is/was fine with me. You are doing a great job with this blog. Thanks!

Mississippi Songbird April 22, 2007 at 12:01 AM  

Open in another window.. Cause I get lost easily..
I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing it..

Barb Szyszkiewicz April 22, 2007 at 4:56 PM  

Thank you! :) I didn't get to vote before you made the change...but I have Mommy Brain too, and that was why I asked about it.
It's nice to be able to trace how I get somewhere, especially if I like the new link, and I want to let someone know that I appreciate their referring readers to another site.

Barbara April 24, 2007 at 8:25 AM  

I like opening a new window. Less confusing when you're vsiting many blogs.

Christine April 29, 2007 at 4:55 PM  

Either is fine with me, but sometimes opening a new window will crash my fickle older computer....

Christine

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP