Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

testing the blog roll

>> Monday, April 9, 2007

Check it out -- I'm testing it out. ;) (It's over to the right in my sidebar.)

I am going to come up with a couple of different picture options so that you will be able to choose which one (including some that are smaller).

If you have joined already and haven't received the code, don't worry. :) I will be sending it later -- after I create a couple more button choices so that you can choose which code to install.

And, remember -- there are prizes possible for joining before April 30th!

Oh...and don't forget to spread the word about the new blog roll by posting about it on your blog or just telling friends!

4 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz April 18, 2007 at 7:39 AM  

Can I make a suggestion for the next time you tweak that blog roll?

Can you set it up with a target=blank after the links, so links open up in a new window or tab? Otherwise you lose the first page you were on when you click on the blogroll links.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings April 18, 2007 at 9:30 AM  

Barb -- I have to admit to not being code saavy enough to know how to do that. Since the links are actually controlled by BlogRolling.com, I don't know that it's something that I have an option over. (I did go to their site to see if there were any options for it.) But, if you are able to tweak it and figure it out, let me know and I'll implement it.

Barb Szyszkiewicz April 18, 2007 at 8:50 PM  

When I add a link in Blog Rolling, there is a section in the bottom of the "add link" dialogue, right under Title, URL, and description, labeled "target"
If you type the underscore character and then the word blank after it, with no spaces between
_blank
it will cause the link to open in a new window.
Hope that helps!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings April 19, 2007 at 7:39 AM  

Thanks for the fix, Barb. I had done some reading online while trying to figure it out, and it would seem that many people find it objectionable to have a new window open. I'm not sure why -- although I know it does bug me from time to time (as I have a bunch of things open). But, I think I'll play it safe for right now and leave it as is, but if I get more requests for the links to open in a new window, I may consider going through and fixing them to do that.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP